What is it? A combination of traditional western veterinary care combined holistic eastern natural therapies so as to offer each pet the best of both worlds when it comes to their best health care.
Prevention is the primary goal of integrative medicine. 90% of degenerative diseases in dogs and cats can be prevented with simple lifestyle changes including nutrition and exercise.
This approach helps pets enjoy longer, happier, healthier years as their health care regime is specifically designed for them and tailored to their individual needs.
Pets & Integrative Veterinary Medicine:
- Food is medicine! You are what you eat and so is your pet!
- Nutritional therapy can change the course of your pets future and help cure many aches, pains, and illnesses. A holistic diet and supplements can help your pet achieve optimal health.
- Consider the overall health of your pet before choosing a treatment plan. Is the cure worse than the disease? Older pets may need a gentler approach to healing.
- Limit your pet’s exposure to toxins, including pesticides, like chemical flea remedies, and vaccinations. (Research shows that most pets do not need traditional follow-up vaccines after their initial shots.)
- Find a holistic veterinarian near you at www.AHVMA.org
Examples of Natural Pet Remedies:
- Bach’s Rescue Remedy for anxiety- Great for when you have visitors.
- Use blood tests to check your pet’s current immunity and vitamin levels.
- Holistic tips for cancer: Anti-Cancer diet.
- Natural ways to boost your pet’s immunity.
- Herbal remedies to prevent pet fleas and ticks (and avoid pesticides!).
- Get delicious recipes for your pet at http://www.ChagrinFallsPetClinic.com
Dr. Carol Osborne is an author and world-renowned integrative veterinarian of twenty-plus years. After graduating from the Ohio State College of Veterinary Medicine, Dr. Carol completed a prestigious internship at the Columbus Zoo. Shortly afterward, she launched a very successful private practice and became the founder and director of the non-profit organization, the American Pet Institute.
Dr. Carol offers traditional veterinary care for dogs and cats with a softer, natural touch. Her approach highlights the importance of nutrition and utilizing holistic avenues in combination with traditional treatments. Currently, she offers holistic therapies and traditional veterinary medical care for dogs and cats at the Chagrin Falls Pet Clinic in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Call our Office Today at (866) 372-2765 or complete this Form to Email our Office.